Thursday, May 05, 2005

Our new arrival....

Maeve decided to come a little earlier than expected. She was born early Thursday morning, April 28th. I went into the hospital with contractions about 3 minutes apart, but still wasn't dilating and had no change in my cervix at all. Because at that point I could have labored a LONG time, we elected to do a repeat c-section. At 1:59 am, Maeve Elizabeth entered the world. She was 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 21 inches long. Her daddy had guessed her weight the day before and was right on the money. WOW! We finally got to go home on Sunday around noon.

Maeve is nursing beautifully and Kyra is so in love with her sister. It's really amazing. We are smitten by her as well. She's perfect.

We are a little sleep deprived these days, but it's so worth it. Our family is complete.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! I'm glad you finally blogged! I've been waiting and waiting!
You guys sound so happy and serene!
Have a great Mother's Day!