Saturday, February 02, 2008

I'm sinking.....

There's one more new episode of "Friday Night Lights" left. It airs on Friday, February 9th. I seriously hope that this writer's strike ends soon because I am sitting on pins and needles over here. I've said it time and time again. This is the BEST SHOW on television. I usually watch it live on Friday nights or tape it and watch it after the kids are in bed. My dad is here this weekend, so I watched it this (Saturday) morning. Thank God I did.

I had to pause it several times and take a break. It's so compelling. The characters are real. There is at least one or more that you can totally relate to. The stories are wonderful. Today I noticed that there are a lot of mannerisms on the show. Sometimes a character will say something and the other character won't, but they'll pan to their face and you'll know exactly what they are thinking.

I cannot begin to express how much I love this show. I can't believe that it hasn't garnered more awards. I can't believe that NBC chooses NOT to promote the hell out of it. I can't believe that it's 2nd season is over at just 15 episodes. My heart is broken. There had better be a 3rd season in the works. What's good about the strike is that there aren't many pilots of new shows in the works, so the older shows have a chance of returning. That's what I hope happens. They have to keep this show around. I think it has good viewership on Friday nights and even if it doesn't, they need to consider how many people DVR it (me included....I have the entire season DVRed!).

Last night's episode had me laughing one minute and crying the next. I can't think of any other show that has had this impact on me. EVER. It really tears at my heart strings. I literally "zone out" for an hour while I'm watching it. I can't think of anything else except for what's happening. It's great.

I want to move to Dillon, Texas. I really do. Either that or Taylor Kitsch just has to come back to Austin so that I can see him again at the gym! ;)

1 comment:

Chelle Y. said...

I tried watching the show this season but could not get into it. I think it is because I did not know what was going on.

I think I am going to have to rent the first season on DVD, watch it, then get caught up with everything.

I love Kyle Chandler.