Monday, February 09, 2009

Kyra's "new" and improved room.....


This is the view as you walk into her room.


View from the door of her dresser, beanbag, and book shelf.



View of her bed, rug, and nightstand from the wall with the window.



View of her other wall from the closets. On the big open space on the left, she will have mommy's old desk that she had when she was a little girl. It just needs a quick trip up here from Victoria.


I bought some little letters and numbers and this is what I did with them above her bed!


View from the closet doors. See our little friend on the bed there? ;)
***Details- We had some beautiful furniture in Kyra's room since 2004 that my friend Janet had let us borrow. I knew that she would want it back one day. She contacted me about a month ago and told me that she wanted it back. Richard found a bed, dresser, and nightstand on Craig's list for $375. He painted it and gave it some TLC to go in Kyra's room. Her new quilt and bedskirt is from Target. I'm quite pleased with the way everything turned out! Kyra is too! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Way to go- you AND Richard! I bet she's thrilled!

Susan's 365 said...

It looks great. Nice score on Craigslist.

Krishna said...

I love it. where did you find the cute mirrors? you should check out uppercase living. they have wonderful wall stickers too in any color you want!