Monday, March 02, 2009

Hi! Remember me?

Sorry for the long hiatus in updates. I just don't always have something interesting to say or share. I promise to dig deep and come up with something fun and witty to say. ;)

Overall, life is good. I had a few rough moments this weekend. Don't know what was wrong. But I feel better now. I have found that when I keep busy, life is a lot better. I can't sit still because that's when my mind starts to wander.

This morning, I volunteered at Kyra's school. Maeve and I always volunteer for 4 hours on Fridays, but I decided to get my feet wet and start helping out in the workroom. Mondays are good because Richard is off and Maeve just stays home with him. So, I help in the workroom and then I wander off to the library and help there for a while too. I really enjoy it. The teachers and the rest of the staff is wonderful. We are like one big family over there.

Kyra is doing so well in 2nd grade. She's gotten all A's so far this year. Most of her grades are in the upper 90's. Her teacher tells me that she's a model student and she wishes everyone could be like Kyra. I just can't believe that it's almost time for her to leave the downhill campus and become a 3rd grader! *gasp* Where has the time gone? Thank God I have Maeve at home for one more year. When she goes to Kindy, I'll be a basketcase. I still think of her as that little baby that I nursed for 13 months. We have such a bond. It's hard to let go.

Maeve is at preschool twice a week though and loves it. I love it too because it gives me time to get things done. I usually shop or clean up here at home. Of course, my workout comes first. Mama ain't happy without her workout! ;)

Richard is still holding on at Samsung. His former company just filed for bankruptcy. Thank God he got out of there when he did. I've gotta hand it to him. He has a wicked hunch and seems to just sense when things will go sour. In this case, he was right. I hope that he can hang in there at Samsung and that these hard times pass soon.

Maeve is now in bed next to me, so once again, it's my cue to go. I shall return.....SOON! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so blessed!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Pretty new template!