Thursday, September 20, 2007

More updates.....

-School has gotten off to a great start this year! Kyra loves 1st grade. She's doing very well. I'll know more once I have a parent/teacher conference next week. I'm looking forward to hearing all about her progress so far. Her teacher is a sweetheart. Kyra is a lucky girl.

-Maeve LOVES school. I mean, LOVES it. I dropped her off on the first day and we've had NO TEARS so far. None at all. School is all she talks about and she's pretty disappointed that she doesn't get to go all of the time. Her school is just on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:45 till 2:00. Her teacher told me today that I never have to ask how Maeve is doing because every day is a good day for her! WOW! I would have never guessed that she would do so well. She loves playing with the toys, coloring, painting, playing on the playground, having snack, having lunch, and even taking a nap! She's always asleep when I pick her up. She sleeps from 12:40-2:00. So she has a good nap. I'm thrilled that she loves it so much.

-Starting tomorrow, I will be helping out in Kyra's school's library on Friday mornings. I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. They have such a cute library at the downhill campus. I'll help out where I can!

-My sister is taking the girls for the weekend. I'm looking forward to it! I need a break! ;)

-Maeve is way into "pretending" right now. She pretends to read books. She loves to hold her dolls and carry them around like a little mama. Yesterday, she kept telling me, "Shhhhhh!" I asked her where she was taking her baby and she said, "To church!" LOL! She knows that we have to "shhhhhhh" in church! She's so funny these days.....and very smart.

-I've taken up running again (in addition to everything else that I do!) and I'm trying to run twice a week. Lately to combat the boredom, I've been going down to the hike and bike trail on Town Lake to run. I love it. I put Maeve in the jogger on Monday and took her along and she loved seeing all of the strollers and especially the dogs! There were dogs everywhere! I wish mine weren't so lazy. I'd take them too! I doubt that they could make it for 4.5 miles though!

-My gym classes are going great. My Flow class has really picked up again. I'm thrilled about that.

-Richard loves work and has had ample opportunities to work overtime lately. That's a good thing! :)

-I'm really ready for some fall weather. I can't believe that it's still 90+ degrees though! I'm waiting for that first crisp cool front!

***I think that's all for now. I must pack for the kiddos for the weekend! Woooohoooo!

4 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

What a great post! I'm so glad that things are going well for everyone.

Lunch soon okay?

Susan's 365 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Party at Kim's house!

Chelle Y. said...

Sounds like you have been busy lately! Glad things are going well!