Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm here....barely

I had a slew of things to do this week and I knew that something would put a bump in my plans. Sure enough, it happened. I got sick. Again. Since I've been around Kyra's school more this year working in the library on Fridays, I swear I've caught every germ imagineable. I used to think that I had a strong immune system. Now I think otherwise. :(

I have a sinus infection. Yuck. If people with the flu feel worse than this, then you all have my sympathy. This is bad enough. Yesterday was the worst. I ran fever all day and parked my butt on the sofa and stayed there. Maeve didn't go to school. Instead she stayed with my neighbor so I could get some rest. I got an email from her teacher last night saying that 4 kids were out in her class yesterday and various other kids in the school got sent home because they were either vomitting or had diarrhea. Lovely. I'm glad that we stayed away. I'm already sick of being sick.

I was also supposed to launch Body Step this weekend. Can't do that either. I worked hard on getting all of my bases covered with that. Thank goodness we have awesome instructors that always step up (no pun intended) and go above and beyond.

So, I'm going to lay low this weekend. My husband will leave his 60 hour work week behind and spend some time with his family. Fingers crossed that he stays healthy. There's nothing worse than a sick man! LOL! I actually despise how he just goes to bed to get well. Life doesn't stop for mommies. *sigh*

3 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

Hope you're feeling better soon and that nobody else in the house gets sick.

Unknown said...

When you are feeling better - which I hope is soon - you've been tagged! See my blog (ah the choas) for details.

Krishna said...

OMG, sorry you are so sick. I totally agree with you, richard too has the cold I had last week and acts like a baby. Hope you get well soon and that the kids don't get it.