Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jackpot!

Ever want to try a job just to see how you'd like it? Ever want to try a job that you would never, ever do otherwise? It doesn't have to be a high paying job. For example, a friend of mine once told me that she wanted to work at HEB for a day as a checker just to see what people come in and buy.

I know this sounds weird, but I've always wanted to work for a florist. I have no idea why. I just think it would be interesting. It's probably stressful, but I'd at least want to try it. And guess what? I DO NOT have a green thumb at all. I kill everything. But I guess it's the appeal of the flowers that has me sold.

There's a building behind our house. One side houses a bank. The other side is empty. Well, not anymore. There's a tax place that's going in there and a FLORIST! Woah! Maybe my dream will come true one day! I've always said that I want to work part-time when Maeve goes to school. OR I'll work full-time if I can get a job with the school district. Oh, and if I work there I WILL NOT be telling the people that I live right behind the shop! They'll work me to death!

Richard also has no excuse anymore. He will have to buy me flowers now! ALL.THE.TIME. Yeah, that's right. I expect them for my birthday, Valentine's Day, our Anniversary, and every other holiday! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun!
I think you'll like it, and be good at it! A late, great-aunt that I met while living in Indy did that up until she could no longer work because of her health. She really missed the work and the people and they all missed her!