Wednesday, October 22, 2008

She's still here....

I'm talking about my mom. I'm starting to notice how small the world really is and I think she has a hand in it. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over.

First of all, my sister will be going back to work soon. Their new house is being built and soon they will live about 20 miles from where they are now. Their house is on land that's been in our family for years. It belonged to my grandma and grandpa, got passed down to my dad, and now Lisa and Nate own it.

So, when it came time to decide who would take care of Brant, they came across an old friend of the family that we've known for years. In fact, she and her husband were big buddies with my parents long before Lisa and I were even born. They used to vacation together and everything. She's since lost her husband, but she will be the one keeping Brant during the day when Lisa and Nate travel doing home health. Strange, huh?

A while back, Nate's mom came to Austin for some sort of convention. She was sitting in a room full of hundreds of people. She sat by a lady and ended up talking to her and asked where she was from, etc. Turns out that they lady was my mom's best friend from high school! Nate's mom couldn't believe her luck! I mean, really. What are the chances of that happening?

It truly is a small world. I miss my mom dearly, but I know that she's watching over us. Even through all of the rough times in life, I feel tremendously blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)