Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Nature's fury.....



We had some really bad storms on Sunday night. My friend Anna was caught in the middle of one and I talked to her on the phone till she got home. That's how freaked out we both were. She lives about 30 minutes west of us. So as soon as I got off the phone with her, I whisked the dogs outside and let them potty. We have Calli (my sister's dog) this week and storms really bother her. So, Kyra and I both sat on the sofa with the dogs and prayed. We lost power a little after 9 and it was out for over 2 hours. I have NEVER heard such bad wind in my life. I swear that it must have been 100 mph. We got the "straight line winds" that you always hear about. Anyway, here is a tree that's out in our front yard. Since the tree is on the other side of the sidewalk, it's technically not our tree. We live on the corner, so it's the neighborhood's tree. It just snapped the sucker in half! Crazy! There were trees down everywhere around here. Now I'm scared because the tree is leaning toward our fence. Richard said that it's nothing to worry about. But still. I'm just thankful that we are fine and there was no damage to our house.

Maeve slept through the entire thing and Richard was at work. So, Kyra slept with me on Sunday night. Just when the house was getting unbearable hot, the power came back on. Ahhhhh.....

Our town was on the news on Monday afternoon. So I guess it really was bad here. :(

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Crasy! I'm sorry you guys! It sounds like Kyra was very brave, though!

Chelle Y. said...

How scary! Be safe, Kim!

Brendan has slept through every earthquake.