Sunday, June 24, 2007

Updates galore.....

Ok. I'm sorry that last post was a real downer. It's funny how things can change in the blink of an eye. Again, I think we all have angels that circle around us here on earth and if we're lucky enough, one of them comes in contact with us and changes everything. That happened to me on Wednesday afternoon.....just hours after I wrote that last post.

I have a friend that I teach Body Flow to downtown. She's been through some rough times as well. She was in a car accident in November and still hasn't bounced back totally from that. Instead of really pushing the physical therapy, she also found the wonderful world of yoga. This has helped her healing tremendously. After my class on Wednesday, I talked to her and found out that she was seeing a new chiropractor and acupuncturist. I had always wanted to try acupuncture. She gave me the name of this place and so Wednesday afternoon, I was on the phone calling and verifying benefits. Yes indeed, it's covered under insurance. I only pay $30 every time I go. On Thursday morning, I had an appointment. WOW. I can't say enough good things about that place. Amazing. I met with the chiropractor first and he evaluated my spine and said that it was in "great shape" (thank you Body Flow!). He soon sent me off to the acupuncturist. I always wanted to have this done, but I was skeptical. I told him how I was having troubles with my thyroid and how it was messing with my hormones and my moods. I told him how I was on day 8 of my cycle and I just wanted it to go away! LOL!

So he got started. He pushed on areas around my belly button and one time I almost jumped off the table! As soon as he put a needle in, he pushed there again and the tenderness was gone. Amazing. He did the front of my body and then the back. He does leave the room for a while so that the needles can find the pressure points and do their work. I was so relaxed. And I have to say that on Friday, my period was GONE! All gone! So I guess he took care of that!

He explained to me that since I caught my hypothyroidism early and I'm on a low dose of meds., that he can work with me to restore my thyroid function fully. Imagine that! I told him that yes, it's hard for me to imagine being on medication for it for the rest of my life. So, we'll see what happens. I have another appt. this Friday.

I have to tell you too that the needles DO NOT hurt going in. I know that they look like they do, but they don't. He also performed moxibustion, which was very interesting. That didn't hurt either.

I'm not a skeptic anymore. After the appt., I felt so rejuvenated and relaxed. I hope that the treatments continue to work well for my condition.

I should be able to post more this week. Last week was crazy. Kyra had summer camp and my cousin was here. Things should hopefully slow down soon.

Oh, and if you have a moment, pray for Richard. He has issues that I don't want to go into. They do involve his "bum" though. He's in quite a bit of pain right now. Poor guy.

1 comment:

Chelle Y. said...

Glad you're feeling better or at least having a better day! :)