Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Potty business.....

I'm sure it was a fluke, but Maeve used the potty this morning! She told me that she needed to go, so I took off her diaper. She ran into the other bathroom and got her Dora potty seat and sat on it and got this look of concentration on her face. She knew EXACTLY what to do! Other times, she'd sit on her seat and do absolutely nothing.

That's why I've never pushed the potty issue. With Kyra I did, and that was a mistake. Kyra didn't train till 2 weeks before her 3rd birthday. I think she would have trained a lot earlier if I would have left her alone. One day, Kyra decided to go on her own and never looked back. It was like magic!

I really figured that Maeve would just go ahead and train herself. Honestly, I think it's much easier for them to decide to go. It means less mess to clean up!

I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: