Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Something is wrong with me.....

Fall is officially here. There's a chill in the air. It just feels different. Everyone is in a good mood. Me included. I see pumpkins. I smile. Heck, we even have some Halloween decorations outside this year.

What the heck happened? Usually I loathe Halloween and all that comes with it. As we get closer to it, I cringe more and more. Not this year. I don't know why, but I feel a sense of peace about it. I haven't bought candy yet, but I might not have to. We might take the girls to a friend's house on Halloween night or we might head down to the city park. We aren't quite sure yet. I know that we'll have to decide soon.....this weekend at the latest.

My girls are happy with what they are going to be for Halloween. Kyra is going to wear her recital costume from last summer and go as a ballerina. Maeve is going to wear her favorite pink dress-up clothes and be a princess. Easy. Next year, they are going to be Panthers cheerleaders (Friday Night Lights). Mark my words. ;)

I just feel content. I'm actually enjoying this time of year. It's weird. I'm not stressing out about it. Maybe I finally *am* feeling better. Let's just hope that I continue to feel like ME again. It's really nice. :)

Enjoy this beautiful weather! And SMILE!

No comments: