Saturday, December 01, 2007

Give me a break!

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. We've been busy. And then this week happened. It's one I'd rather forget.

A few weeks ago, I got a rash. I went into the doctor and he thought that it might be fifth disease (something that school kids typically get). There's a blood test to test for it now, so I went ahead and did that. It was positive. I also had major joint pain with it (which is typical when adults get it). I really thought that I was getting better.

Then I gained 15 lbs. in 2 weeks! I am full of fluid! They think that the fluid is just a reaction from the virus and that I'm just going through the viral process. But I've been to a cardiologist too because my heart rate is so low. And my blood pressure is high. I'm also anemic (which I pretty much knew). But everything checks out ok with my heart.

So the guessing game continues. We've already ruled out a slew of other things like mono, hepatitis, lyme, etc. And my thyroid is FINE through all of this. The doctor did put me on diuretics and they are slowly taking the water weight off. I just hope that it doesn't come back. I'm thinking of asking for a steriod shot this week to boost my immune system.

I think I just want to take some time off. I'm so self-conscious about the way I look right now. The last thing I want to do is go to the gym. I just want my body to heal.

So I'm scrambling to get subs for the next few weeks. I need to rest. I need to take care of myself. I won't push myself anymore. I just want to take care of my body and get well for Christmas!

1 comment:

Susan's 365 said...

You need time to/for yourself right now. Don't feel guilty about not working out...when you feel better and back to 100% you'll go back.

Hang in there.