Thursday, July 24, 2008

Silly girls.....

Kyra: "Mommy, are you having any more babies?"

Me: "Um, no, I'm done."

Kyra: "Good because if you had a boy, I'd kill myself."

Me: "Kyra, don't say things like that. It's not nice. In fact, that sounds horrible."

Maeve: "I want a boy! I love boys! Raider is a boy. I love boys!"

Oy.

First of all, I have no idea where Kyra picks up language like that. But I know she's not serious because of the sarcastic tone of her voice. Thank God. I swear I'm not raising serial killers here or anything. ;)

Raider is my sister's chocolate lab. And yes, he's a male. Maeve is captivated by him, yet is annoyed with either Mia or Zoe most of the time. I don't get it.

But Maeve's comments about boys have me worried. Very worried. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, just wait until Maeve's soon-to-be-born boy cousin arrives and gets a little older. She'll get over it. My closest-in-age boy cousins and I were best of friends, until jr. high. Then it was WAR!

I think she was just trying to antagonize Kyra.

I also think Kyra picked that figure of speech up from school or t.v. I know I tried out a few lines like that on my mom when I was that age. It didn't fly. Don't you remember stuff like "Gag me with a spoon" and "Big fat hairy deal" and all those other sarcastic things Garfield used to say that moms everywhere deemed inappropriate and unspeakable?

bri12ut said...

Haha. Just wait until Maeve is actually going AFTER those boys! =) But you get to deal with Kyra on that issue first.

I find it VERY weird how Maeve just adores Raider but really hates Zoe. Poor kid.