Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bowling tales....

Today I took Kyra, Maeve, and my two nieces to Gatti Town and then we all went bowling. Let's just say that the sport of bowling has come a long way since I was a kid. Where I grew up, there are two bowling alleys. One is the "old" one and one is the "new" one. The old one is where my mom started bowling on a league when my sister and I were kiddos. We had to stay upstairs in the creepy daycare. All I remember were crickets and roaches being everywhere. Yuck! You had to keep score by hand at the old one too. So naturally, that's where we went for H.S. P.E. one semester. Before I had no idea that a strike include 10 plus your next 2 balls thrown and a spare includes 10 plus your next 1 ball thrown. So I guess it taught me something!

The newer bowling alley in my hometown has a nursery too and guess who also bowled on a league many many years ago along with my mom? Richard's mom! So we were probably trapped in that hell hole together and didn't even know it! LOL!

I remember bowling a "1" one time. Another time, I bowled a "3". I was so embarrassed. Well, gone are those days!

Today's bowling included bumpers for the kiddos. Kyra bowled a 64 and an 86! Even little Maeve bowled a 43! So.not.fair. I really feel like it's "cheating". It's like not hitting a baseball and running the bases anyway and screaming, "I hit a home run!" Ugh.

But Kyra did restore all faith in me when she bowled a strike and the ball didn't even touch the bumper. You should have seen how she threw the ball to do it though. LMAO!

I bowled a 98 and a 101. I'm so embarrassed. I bet it's been 7 or 8 years since I've been bowling. We have some free passes, so we definitely need to go more often. Thank God there were only kids with me today!

But hey, at least I beat Barack Obama! ;)

All in all, a great day with the kiddos! I'm happy that I'm their "cool" aunt! LOL!

1 comment:

Susan's 365 said...

We got free passes from school for bowling this summer and I took the boys last Friday. They actually did really well...and I bowled over 100 both games. We had the bumpers and it helped raise the boys' scores significantly. There was a little girl next to us that was bowling using a ramp thing to let it go down the lane. Now that I've never seen before.