Sunday, November 16, 2008

Church tales....

I take the girls to church regularly and really can't complain about their behavior. They are very good. What works for us is sitting about 3 to 4 rows from the front because Maeve insists on seeing everything that goes on. She behaves better too that way. She has no choice.

I bought Kyra a little prayer book in addition to the one that she already has. This one is bigger and geared for kids her age. Since she's preparing for her 1st Reconciliation in January and her 1st Holy Communion in May, I decided to try and let her learn as much as possible. She attends Religious Education on Monday nights, but one hour a week isn't enough in my book. So we talk a lot about it here at home.

So yesterday Kyra proudly takes her book to church and Maeve has to hop on that bandwagon too, so she took a book as well.

Maeve still thinks that the priest's name is Jesus. She hasn't gotten that concept down yet. It's just funny to hear her say, "Look Mommy, there's Jesus!" whenever she sees a priest.

The other weekend at church, Maeve noticed the big round Host that the priest receives. When he held it up, Maeve says loudly, "Mommy, that looks like a tortilla!" Oy.

Since we do sit so far up at the front, when it's time to give the Sign of Peace, the girls get out of our pew and walk around to others and shake hands. Last night, I had them walk all the way up to the front row where the Eucharistic Ministers were sitting to shake their hands. I think they got a kick out of that.

Their favorite part of the Mass is singing the "Alleuia". I've never heard two little girls sing so loudly! hehe!

I have told Richard time and time again that if something ever happens to me, he is to take these girls to church and make sure they receive their sacraments ON TIME. That's all I ask of him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're much better behaved than I ever was. ;)