Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Grocery store conversations....

This conversation is happening as we are wandering down aisles picking up items. Usually, Maeve sits in the basket, but today she didn't. She and Kyra walked beside me the entire time.

Kyra: "Maeve, don't step on a crack or you hurt your mama's back."

Maeve: "Ok!"

Kyra: "Maeve, you stepped on a crack! Mommy, does your back hurt?"

After a short pause....

Kyra: "Maeve, that's ok. I stepped on a crack and hurt mommy's back one time."

Maeve: "I've done it two times..."

Lord! Will these two ever shut up? First of all, Kyra did say "hurt" instead of "break", so that's a plus. And don't even get me started about the guy in dreads that we saw. Maeve yelled, "Mommy, look at that guy's hair!" Needless to say, we quickly shuffled off to another aisle. Oy.

These kids kill me. Never a dull moment!

And for those that are wondering, my back woes of the last 2 1/2 months are so much better. Lisa and Nate suggested some strengthening exercises for me and they are WORKING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I guess you know where your back woes began... ! glad the exercises are working, though!