Saturday, November 22, 2008

There's still some good in the world.....

I called my mother-in-law last night. She said the night before that she, my sister-in-law, and my niece and nephew all decided to treat themselves by eating at Red Lobster. This is something that they don't do very often because when they do eat there, I usually hear about it in some way soon enough.

They indulged and had a very nice meal. It ended up being pretty pricey at about $70 or so, but my MIL said that she didn't care. She said that for some reason, she did notice a man at another table with some friends/family, but didn't really pay close attention.

She should have.

The man got up and left with his group. When it was time for my MIL to pay for their meal, the waiter said, "It's all taken care of. The man at that table paid for your meal before he left."

WOW.

They have no idea who he was. They have no idea why he did it. My nephew is 11 years old and is in a wheelchair and has CP, so I don't know if he did it for reasons like that or not.

But they were shocked and pleasantly surprised.

So I still have faith that there are good people in the world. I still believe that there are angels out there.....near and far.

And as MIL got into the van to go home, this song was playing.

Chills.

2 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

Yep, there is definitely still some good left in the world.

Anonymous said...

:)

I love this time of year- for reasons like that!