Thursday, January 22, 2009

Different scenery.....

I dropped Maeve off at school this morning and since it was yet again a beautiful day, I made Town Lake my destination for a good run. I also ran on Monday. Two times in one week hasn't been done in a while. I had been doing 3 days of Body Step, but decided to change it up again.

The run was good. I don't ever remember it being that easy. I started at Auditorium Shores and made the circle on the north side of Town Lake....running by Austin High and then under Mopac. Then I was on the south side of the lake again. This loop is 4.17 miles.....very much like what I do here in our little town.

Today, I decided that people watching is now boring. I'm now into dog watching. I saw every breed imaginable. Jen, I even saw a Ridgeback! When I reached Auditorium Shores again after my run, I saw a lot of dogs bathing in the lake, fetching tennis balls and even playing frisbee! But the funniest thing of all was seeing dogs on the trail having fits over the squirrels. They could care less about humans and other dogs, but those squirrels always capture their attention. It reminded me of how my sister always says, "Raider, get that squirrel." There is one that hangs out in their backyard that drives him nuts.

I was eager to get the run over with and head back here to grocery shop, but I think next time, I'll take a book and blanket with me, spread out, and dog watch. Sounds good, right?

Oh, and I have to say that the Austin skyline is a changin'. Goodness. They are so many high rise condos going up downtown. One of them is higher than the Frost Bank building! Amazing.

Just another beautiful day in Austin, Texas........ ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! What a fun pass-time! I should meet you there sometime!

Ridgebacks are great runners! You'd have a blast running with one! Leo runs in a perfectly straight line- without ever being trained to do so! and doesn't pull at all! I intend to make more use of that...

I started running again before Thanksgiving. My body had adapted to my twice-weekly Body Step workouts. I've decided I should run in the winter when the sun isn't ideal for laying out, and save step for summer when I want to use my early afternoon time for tanning and get my workout in late afternoon when the sun is fizzling.

I can see a difference already! Though I've not been very motivated to run the past couple of Wednesdays... I did it, mind you, I just didn't want to.

Kim said...

OMG! I would love to meet you there and do a run together! FUN!

Did I tell you that Richard sold my old treadmill about a month ago? A lady bought it for her 85 year old mother. I wasn't using it anyway and it was just taking up space in the shop. Plus, I HATE to run indoors. I'll just run outside on beautiful days or do Body Step inside on nasty days. Plus the gyms have treadmills anyway if I get into too much of a bind.

Happy Running! ;)