Saturday, January 03, 2009

Thoroughly disappointed....

I think I ordered about 60 Christmas cards this year. And from the looks of it, I sent about 50 of them. And how many did we receive? Probably about 30 or so. Ugh.

For two years in a row, I've sent to many people who I didn't receive from. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and send again just in case the previous year was busy and they didn't get around to sending a card. But I'm highly disappointed by the fact that yet again, I didn't get any from the same people that I sent to last year. I'm a big believer in the philosophy of "You send to me and I send to you...." I also understand though that some people just don't send out cards. That's fine. But I know that a lot of these people DO send cards. I'll go to my dad's and see that he got one from some of them.

I'm just at a loss as to what to do. I think next year, I just won't put forth the effort to send to them anymore. This bothers me though because I hear from these people via email quite frequently. And I figure that if they are forwarding emails all year long, then the least they can do is send out a card in December.

My kids grow a lot within a year. I know that a lot of people want to see pics of them. I use this blog for that. But a lot of people don't know about it, so I think it's nice to send a card with a picture at such a special time of year. Chances are that if you're reading this, you DID send a card. And for that, I thank you very much!

But maybe people don't send because my dad parades all of our pictures around for his friends to see. So then they don't feel the need to mail a card? I don't know.

I'm at a loss.....and VERY irritated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I never have more than 20 people on my list. I only even buy one box of cards! and sometimes I whittle down my list to ONLY 20 people. I don't send to extended family, just immediate family and close friends- then I keep a few spares (usually the leftovers from the previous year) in case somebody not on my list sent me one, or I need one for a coworker or client or something. So I've never given out more than 25, total.

Krishna said...

Yeah, i love getting christmas cards and seeing all the pictures of kids. I send out cards no matter what. I send them to mostly people we rarely see but keep in contact with. Rarely to immediate family. I'd keep sending them.....its the Christmas spirit! I think this year is was around 60 ish too,

Susan's 365 said...

I never get nearly as many as I send out, but I keep sending them. Ours will actually go out today since we used a photo from the cruise...so watch your mail later in the week.

Chelle Y. said...

Did you get mine? I think I sent you one. If you did not, it was entirely by accident.

I sent out about 200. Did not get nearly that many back. I think I am going to save my money and only send to the people to sent me one this year! Haha.