Thursday, April 09, 2009

25 random things about Kyra......

1.) Kyra was very colicky (I cringe at that word, though) as a baby. She probably had some reflux issues. We put her on an expensive formula and she was much happier. It broke our pocketbook though!
2.) Kyra cut her first tooth at 4 months old. That's VERY early!
3.) When Kyra was 2 years old, I noticed that one of her bottom baby teeth was chipped. Turns out, it was chipped down to the root, so we had the dentist extract it. She had a cute toothless grin from about age 2 to 5. We still have no idea what happened.
4.) Kyra still remembers her Granny (my grandmother) and talks about her all the time. Granny died when Kyra was 3 year old. I'm in awe that she remembers!
5.) Kyra is one of the most artistic children I know. She loves art. I attribute that to her pre-K teacher out at Hays Hills. Mrs. Rose was awesome!
6.) Kyra is very close to her Papoo (my dad). When he comes to visit, they go to breakfast together. And when we visit him, he takes her to his breakfast joint! :)
7.) Kyra's best friend in Kindergarten was Jayme. Jayme's daddy and Kyra's daddy went to high school together and both played baseball. Small world! Jayme has since moved back to Victoria and we miss her, but we still keep in touch! Jayme's mom and I are close friends now! :)
8.) Kyra is a very picky eater. For the first few years of her life, she was on the chicken nugget diet. She's still pretty picky, but has gotten better.
9.) Kyra loves High School Musical, Zac Efron, and the Jonas Brothers. *sigh*
10.) Kyra always said that she wanted a dog to sleep with at night. We got Zoe and she must have heard that because Zoe is the one that "tucks" Kyra into bed every night!
11.) Kyra has already read "Charlotte's Web". She loves to read. I am thankful for that!
12.) I really believe that Kyra has had the best teachers so far. BES teachers are wonderful!
13.) Kyra is a firm believer in getting homework done as soon as she gets home. I made that rule in Kindergarten. She chooses to still do that. Then she gets her free time!
14.) Kyra has gotten all A's this year. She loves school. One time she told me that she'd even go on weekends! She's so bored during the summer, so I have my work cut out for me!
15.) Kyra is in her 3rd year at the dance studio. This year she tried cheerleading and LOVES IT! I have never seen her so excited!
16.) Kyra loves her Nintendo DS. We had to get Maeve one too because they fought over it all the time. Our house is much happier now!
17.) Kyra really does love her little sister. She helps her out a lot. They fight, but it's not that often. Mostly, they are very caring and nurturing of each other. It's fun to watch.
18.) Kyra has gotten 2 "Kids of Character" awards at BES. In Kindergarten, she got one for "Caring" and now in 2nd grade, she got one for "Responsibility".
19.) Kyra is like her mother and spells very well. Thank goodness she doesn't take after her daddy who can't spell anything right! ;)
20.) Kyra was almost a "Kelsey", but I decided on "Kyra" with several months to go during my pregnancy with her. I wanted a unique, yet short and beautiful name.
21.) Kyra weighed 9 lbs. when she was born.
22.) Kyra's Religious Education teacher this year used to be a Catholic Daughter with me in Austin at our old church. Again, small world!
23.) Kyra's very best friend is adopted. And we love her to pieces!
24.) Kyra wants to be a teacher when she grows up. I think she'd make a great one!
25.) Kyra has a heart of gold! I'm so lucky to be her mommy! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such great kids! I know you've worked hard to get her to this lovely young lady that she's become!

Kim said...

Thanks Jen! It's really hard work without even knowing it. Just setting a good example does wonders....

I'll make a Maeve list next week. Watch out for that one! ;)