Thursday, April 16, 2009

25 random things about Richard......(this oughta be good, well maybe)

1.) Richard was born on July 7, 1977. I really thought that he was going to be lucky when we went to Vegas in August of '99. No such luck. We also haven't won the lottery. YET. ;)
2.) Richard is utterly obsessed with Craig's List. He has a nasty spending habit if there's anything that resembles "a deal" out there.
3.) Richard can turn trash into treasure. He flipped a boat. It was a piece of crap. It took months, but he made it look beautiful again. This, my friends, amazes me.
4.) Richard also has a problem when it comes to used cars. We don't own one for very long. I'm sure before you know it, we'll be driving something different again. I like to blame this on his dad. God rest his soul. ;)
5.) Richard shaved his head when he was a senior in high school. It was just growing back when we met. He got mad at what his girlfriend-at-the-time told him, so he did it to piss her off (and needless to say, that relationship didn't last). I saw pics of him. He.was.a.skinhead.
6.) Richard broke his hand when he was a senior in high school. He got mad at a girlfriend (do we see a trend here?) and punched his hand through a wall. Again, there are pics to prove it. In one of his senior portraits, his hand is incredibly swollen. Idiot.
7.) Richard and I met on a blind date (a mutual friend gave him my phone number). He called me and we talked several days before. The date was a disaster. I could tell right away. The next morning, his brother was in a wreck in the wee hours of the morning. Guess who he called when he found out about it? Yep. ME!
8.) Richard has done numerous paint jobs on cars and motorcycles. I yelled at him so much when he worked on a motorcycle because I wanted to make sure he had a mask on at.all.times. That paint smells badly enough to cause cancer (I swear).
9.) Richard loves Texas country music. I got him hooked. ;)
10.) Richard brought home both of our dogs without consulting with me first. I'm kind of glad that he did it that way. He did good!
11.) Richard is NOT the romantic, thoughtful type. He just isn't. But there are other things that he does that make me love him so much!
12.) Richard spoils the girls. A LOT. I don't think that he was spoiled as a kiddo, so he's making up for it now.
13.) Richard stuttered as a kid and hated to read. He said that he didn't get interested in reading till he discovered the magazines that had remoted controlled airplanes in them. That was probably closer to 5th grade. Sad. He's amazed at Kyra's love of reading. She sure doesn't get it from him. ;)
14.) Richard was in the ER A LOT as a kid. His mom once described him as "an accident waiting to happen...."
15.) Richard (Lee) is named after his grandfathers. His maternal grandfather's name was Richard and his paternal grandfather's name is Leroy.
16.) Richard loves his Miller Lite....sometimes a little too much! ;)
17.) Richard loves growing tomatoes and loves making salsa. That's the BEST thing about summertime to him!
18.) Richard loves to fish. He just wishes that he had more time to do it.
19.) Richard also loves boating, jet skiing, etc. His mom says that he was in a pool of water as soon as his umbilical cord fell off. I believe it. He loves water.
20.) Richard's favorite place to hang out is his 16x18 shop. He worked so hard on it. It's a great room for him to do a number of things....his favorite being watching movies on surround sound.
21.) Richard can fix almost anything. And if he can't fix it, then something's really wrong with it! ;)
22.) Richard was born in San Antonio, Texas.
23.) Richard's mom and my mom both bowled on leagues in the morning when we were little. We both bet that we were in the same nursery at the bowling alley at one time or another. Wouldn't that have been weird?
24.) Richard once got so drunk at a wedding that he got up and "sang" a song with the band. It was beyond embarrassing. He really enjoyed himself though! ;)
25.) My husband is the most amazing person that I know. He's got it all....the good, the bad, and the ugly! Love you, hon!

No comments: