Sunday, April 12, 2009

25 random things about Maeve......

1.) Maeve was conceived on the very first try. It took us 10 months to conceive Kyra. So as you can imagine, we were shocked.
2.) We found out that Maeve was a girl on December 15, 2004 via ultrasound. I was overwhelmed with joy. I always wanted 2 little girls.
3.) When we were in the hospital after Maeve was born, a lady down the hall had a prolapsed cord. Richard was wheeling Maeve back to the nursery for the night when he saw nurses and a woman on her hands and knees on a hospital bed whiz by. He said that it was like a scene straight out of a tv show or movie.
4.) I breastfed Maeve for almost 13 months. I'm very proud of that to this day. I had all kinds of formula issues with Kyra, so I was determined to make it work with Maeve. It is the most rewarding thing that I've ever done.
5.) Maeve still likes to cuddle when waking up in the morning. I attribute that to nursing for so long. I love her snuggles!
6.) Maeve's blonde hair and blue eyes amaze me to this day. I can't believe that she's my little girl! She's unique, yet very familiar. ;)
7.) A lot of people say that Kyra and Maeve look alike. I just don't see it.
8.) I heard Maeve's name in a doctor's office years ago. It was then that I decided that if I ever had another girl, her name would be Maeve.
9.) Maeve's giggles are my favorite sound. :)
10.) Maeve is now writing her name! It's not perfect, but it's a great start for an almost 4 year old!
11.) Maeve was not very fond of our dog Zoe when we got her. Now she loves Zoe! Zoe often goes to sleep with her.
12.) Maeve's most favorite thing to do is swing outside. She LOVES the swings!
13.) Maeve is dancing for the first time this year and LOVES it. She can't wait for recital!
14.) Maeve hates bugs and freaks out over the littlest bug! It's endearing and annoying all at the same time.
15.) Maeve loves wearing skirts. She would wear one every.single.day of the year if I let her. She fights me tooth and nail when I ask that she wear something else.
16.) Maeve pronounces "computer" as "pacuter". It cracks me up.
17.) Maeve is a total daddy's girl. She follows Richard outside to watch him work on things and often wants to help him. She's his little "protege". She'll be welding and changing brakes in no time! ;)
18.) Maeve still loves Dora. I'm waiting for her to lose interest. lol!
19.) Maeve loves to pretend play. She has a dollhouse that she often plays with alone. I really enjoy listening to her made-up conversations with the dolls. They are too funny!
20.) Maeve is not a morning person. AT.ALL. She would stay up til midnight or later if we let her!
21.) Maeve very often falls asleep in our bed and one of us has to carry her to her room to her bed. I don't mind it, but it *is* getting old.
22.) Maeve adores her baby cousin, Brant. She told me this weekend that she wouldn't mind if I had a baby boy (which will NEVER happen) but that I have to name him Brant Thomas. lol!
23.) I've heard that Maeve is very well behaved at school. I'm still not sure I believe that! lol!
24.) We have really had to discipline Maeve more than we did with Kyra. She just requires much more. I am glad that we did it early with her. I think it might eliminate problems down the road.
25.) Maeve is such a blessing in my life. I enjoy being her mommy and love her with all my heart! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! She's writing her NAME!