Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Major deja vu.....

My sister called this afternoon after her dr. appt. She's still dilated to just a centimeter! I've been there. I know the frustration. So what they are going to do is go ahead and admit her this evening into the hospital. Overnight, they will try to ripen her cervix with cervidil. They will start pitocin in the morning. Lisa is only 39 weeks, but so ready to have this baby. Her doctor decided to induce her last week already. Nate's mom and stepdad drove down this morning from Seminole.

What she's going through is similar to what I went through with Kyra. They admitted me on a Thursday evening and gave me cervidil as well. Friday morning, they started pitocin. At noon, they broke my water. But I never did dilate past a 3 or 4. I labored all day on Friday and Friday night. After 22 hours of labor, my doctor suggested a c-section. So, she did a c-section on Saturday morning and at 9:30am, Kyra was born.

I'm kind of bummed that she won't be having him this evening or overnight. My plan was to drive there tomorrow when the girls are in school to see her and the baby. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Now I'll have to wait until Friday evening or Saturday morning, which is good. I'll take the girls with me and they'll get to meet their brand new baby cousin. I just wanted to see him while he's in the hospital. Oh well. I don't think that Maeve is old enough to go to the hospital anyway. Lisa said that they have to be at least 5 years old.

So the waiting begins......I'll keep you posted.

No comments: