Thursday, December 16, 2004

Holiday burnout?

Why oh why do they start the Christmas season earlier and earlier every year? I feel like I'm already experiencing holiday "burnout". I feel like I've seen all of the Christmas lights in the world, watched every Christmas special known to man on TV, wrapped 50,000 gifts, and heard every Christmas carol ever written. I'm tired. I'm almost relieved that Christmas will be here in a little over a week. I think Kyra is anxious too. Poor thing. It must be even harder when you're a kid. Kids don't have a lot of comprehension when it comes to "time" and how long something takes. When I found out I was pregnant and we told Kyra she said, "Great! So will we be getting the baby tomorrow?" Um, I wish it worked that way, but it doesn't. I guess she thought that we could just go to the store and buy one like we'd buy a baby doll.

Maybe I'm feeling a little depressed....I really don't know. With these crazy hormones, I have good days and bad days. With these allergies, I have good days and bad days. My body is so messed up right now! That's why I cringe when women say that they LOVE being pregnant. Ok, why? It's so hard on one's body. That's why I'm glad that this is my last one and I'll never have to do it again!

It's not like I'm mad about it. It's just not my favorite thing in the world. We found out the most wonderful thing this week....that we are having another GIRL! I'm so excited. I think I'm more excited for Kyra....that she'll have a little sister to play with. Since I was a big sister, I get to tell Kyra what happens when you are the big sister. Your little sister will bug the heck out of you. She'll annoy you to no end. She WON'T leave you alone. She'll tell on you. Since she's the youngest, she'll get her way. All of those fun things. Most of all, a little sister ADORES you. You are her idol (well for a short time anyway). Same sex siblings share a bond like no other. I'm so glad that Kyra will have a sister soon.

So are we seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know what you mean! Everyone I know, everyone I clean for- they're all complaining because they either haven't BEGUN to set up their Christmas tree/decorations yet, or they haven't FINISHED. And the comment is always the same: "Seems like everyone's behind this year." It took my parents 3 weeks to put out everything, because of the new baby and all of its stuff taking up space everywhere. It used to all get done the day after Thanksgiving. And the tree is actually in the back room that used to be a screened in porch!

I'm sick of spending money. I finally got the last few gifts bought today and plus groceries, I spent too much at Wal Mart and am really bummed...

Sigh...babies...I know ONE lady who miscarried so many times that when she finally carried one to term, she DID love being pregnant. She was so excited to finally be having one that nothing bothered her.I agree with that. The rest, however bothers me, and I haven't even been down that road yet. I knew one old lady who'd had 8 kids (2 sets of twins in there) and she said she had morning sickness the WHOLE TERM- WITH EACH OF THEM. I said "My GOD! you were sick for 72 months (that's 6 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE!). She said "It was wonderful!" I said, "youre nuts- if I'd had one kid, was sick the whole time, had another and was sick THAT whole time, I'd quit having them."