Sunday, December 26, 2004

Snow? What snow?

Well as many of you have heard by now, it snowed in Victoria on Christmas Eve/Day. We were in La Grange and we missed it all. We did however hear about it from numerous people calling us about it. Grrrrr! My cousins were in Ganado and they showed us pics on their laptop. I had a cousin in Corpus that called us to tell us that it was snowing there as well....A LOT! I've seen more pictures on the internet. I guess I'm a bit bitter and jealous because we didn't get to see it! Kyra would have been in heaven. Too bad it won't happen again.....for a LONG time. We had a "dusting" of snow in February up here. Now that I see the FOOT of snow that was down there, I realize that we really didn't get that much up here. I still cannot believe that the snow "line" traveled up Hwy. 59 to Houston and didn't go any farther north. How strange is that? Even stranger is that I've heard that people saw a lot of lightning and heard thunder before the storm. My dad told me that there's an old saying that if you hear thunder before a storm in December that the weather is likely to repeat itself. Oh yeah. When? I'd like to know so I can be there next time! My dad is equally upset that he didn't get to see it. I think he called everyone he knew in Victoria to get their reaction so that he could live vicariously through them. Oh well. There's always next year?!

We had a great Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we went to La Grange and had Christmas at Lisa's. On Christmas Day, we drove to Cypress to Richard's uncle's and then drove back to La Grange that evening. My dad had birthday on Christmas, so we had family over. It was a low key celebration, but was fun. Kyra got to play with her cousins, William and Kalyn. We are glad to be home though. I'm glad to get back to working out this week. I always feel the need to work out after a long holiday break.

No comments: