Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Deja vu......

I've had nothing to complain about so far in this pregnancy. Sure I had nausea for what seemed like forever and had no energy for the first 12+ weeks. That's pretty much a given though, right? Now I find myself experiencing a whole new set of problems....but ones that I remember very well when I was pregnant with Kyra. Today was a crummy day. I didn't feel good at all. I felt lethargic and couldn't move very fast. I taught at noon and then came home to eat. That didn't make me feel better either. I finally called the doctor's office and talked myself into believing that I had a lot of the same things that I had with Kyra. First of all, when I get to this point in my pregnancy, I become anemic. The baby takes all of my nutrients and I have none left to give. What takes care of this is some simple over the counter iron pills. So, I got some today. Richard and I were laughing that Kyra was "stealing" all the food from me and still does even out of the womb. That child walks around the house all day saying, "I'm hungry." Some things never change! LOL!

Another reason why I'm having headaches and sinus troubles is because the cedar is starting to pop up in the pollen counts. Lovely. I can take Allegra while pregnant. I did with Kyra. So, I'm asking for it tomorrow when I go see the doctor.

When I was pregnant with Kyra, I had a drop in my blood pressure at 23 weeks. I'm only 19 weeks, but that could be what's happening too. It makes you feel terrible. At least I know what to expect this time around.

So bottom line is that every pregnancy is NOT different. Mine have been similar so far. I guess my body just knows how to react. I feel more at ease now because I've been through this before. I think I know more than the doctors do sometime. ;)

We're finding out on December 15th if it's a boy or a girl. Hopefully we'll have some cooperation from the baby on that day.

No comments: