Monday, November 29, 2004

Word to the mother.....

I read an interesting article the other day about something, so I thought I'd share. They had done a survey over in Great Britain polling people about what they thought was the most beautiful word in the English language. Imagine my surprise when I read that the most beautiful word is in fact, "Mother". They could choose any word out there and "Mother" ranked #1 out of 100 words. Unbelievable.

So, now I guess they need to do a poll asking what the nastiest word in the English language is. How interesting would that be? I for one would LOVE to know all the answers to that one and I'll bet the farm that the #1 nastiest word in the English language is the notorious "F" word that often follows "Mother". How ironic is that? Only in our language do you find the most beautiful word the the ugliest one used together!

For inquiring minds that want to know, here's list of the rest of the words in the top 10. They are: "passion", "smile", "love", "eternity", "fantastic", "destiny", "freedom", "liberty" and "tranquility".

The word "Father" didn't make the top 100 list at all.

No comments: