Monday, November 08, 2004

Testing.....again

Yesterday, I had a long blog all typed out and then the site went down. Crap. So, I'll try this again.

Anyone else loving this weather? I wish it were a little cooler, but that looks to be coming soon. I can't wait. I HATE summer. I love fall/winter. The heat just frustrates me. There's only so much you can do to stay cool. When you want to stay warm, you can do a lot more. It cracks me up how the stores (coughOldNavycough) put out "blizzard" clothes in late August/early September. There's the fleece, sweaters, and just overall nonsense clothes....nonsense because weather like that doesn't happen in Texas and if it does happen, it lasts one day. Remember last Valentine's Day when it snowed? I think everyone was wearing shorts the next week, so things change....often. Since it was so warm for Halloween, I'm convinced that Kyra will be able to go as "Bikini Barbie" next year with no problem at all. Ugh.

I'm fascinated with the weather so it's only fitting that I have a small crush on a meteorologist. Does anyone know who I'm talking about? Well, if you've seen Jim Spencer on KXAN in Austin then you know that the man must eat, breathe, and sleep weather. He's the most passionate weather personality that I've ever seen. If you watch one of his 3 minute segments, you'll clearly see how much he loves his job AND Austin, Texas. Sometimes he scares people though. He needs to remember that residents in Jarrell WILL take cover if you say "tornado" and "Jarrell" all in the same sentence. That's just Jim though....always putting a unique spin on the weather. *sigh*

So I'm watching this hilarious show on VH-1 right now. It's called "Motormouth". There are hidden cameras in cars taping these fools singing at the top of their lungs. It's funny. These people make Karaoke look like a piece of cake. They are horrible! I love it! I hate to admit though that indeed I'm one of those fools. Yes, I sing loudly in two places: the car and the shower. Who doesn't?

Until next time......

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE "Motormouth"! I made Kevin sit down and watch it the weekend before last. He cracked up. I rarely ever sing in my car, but if I do, I don't car dance and everything else, too! I couldn't keep a straight face, knowing I was attracting that much attention.