Wednesday, November 03, 2004

My Kyra.....

A few of you have been asking how Kyra has been doing, so I'll update. She's doing fabulously. She's now almost 3 1/2. First of all, we potty trained right around her birthday this summer. I never forced her....I just let her take the lead. I borrrowed a video from our library with other kids on it and she just decided that she could do it too. We haven't looked back. For worried mommies....they'll go when they are ready. Trust me. People kept telling me that and they were right.

Kyra attends a Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-2. She loves it. She's made many friends and loves her teachers. I have to say that they keep those kiddos busy. Kyra comes home with crafts every time she leaves there. This week they are learning about feelings. Kyra came home singing a song about blinking your eyes and hearing with your ears. It's cute because for a while I had no idea where she learned all of this, but then she replies, "I learned it at my gool." hehe!

Let's see what her favorites are. Well, it's not hard to figure out that she adores mommy, daddy, and Mia. She loves playing games on the computer. She's a pro at controlling the mouse. Her daddy taught her how in one day. It's really amazing to watch. She knows how to start the computer and open Explorer and click on the links for her games. I know that I wasn't doing that at 3 1/2. She also like Dora.....A LOT. Other favorites are Dragontales on PBS and Higglytown Heroes on Playhouse Disney. Gone are the days of the Wiggles. I don't miss them at all. ;) She's very imaginative at this age and likes to "role play" with toys and dolls. She names everything. I find myself watching her in awe and just chuckling to myself. It's cute. She also likes to fingerpaint and draw. She is learning how to recognize numbers and letters. Her sentences are getting easier to understand. I know that because Kyra talks to her Papoo (Bear) on the phone every night and even he said that he can understand her better now.

Kyra still doesn't want to sleep in her own bed. But, we didn't want her sleeping with us in our itty bitty Queen sized bed either. So, we compromised. She sleeps in our room on the floor in her Disney Princess sleeping bag that her Grandma Debbie gave her for her birthday! hehe! Hey, as long as she's not kicking me all night long I don't care where she sleeps!

Kyra is very excited about being a big sister. She continuously tells me that she wants to get diapers for the baby and wants to hold and feed the baby. I think she'll be a HUGE help. She knows that mommy's tummy is growing and kisses it. She changes her mind daily on whether she thinks it's a boy or a girl. We *do* plan on finding out within the next month or two. We'll let you know.

Well, I guess that's it for now. She's an absolute joy in our lives. I sometimes look at her and still can't believe that God sent me a precious little girl. I just hope that she enjoys me being her mommy as much as I enjoy her being my daughter.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it! Thank you for posting all of that cute information!