Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Fountain of youth.....

I really don't have much to talk about right now, so I'll just say what comes to mind. This time of year always makes me realize just how old I really am. Christmas decorations are slowly showing up everywhere and there's more talk from Kyra about seeing Santa. She's dying to get to the mall so that she can sit on his lap and tell him what she wants for Christmas. Last year, I took her and we walked up to the big display and she saw him and was beyond giddy. It was so cute. Kyra talks about Santa and where he "lives" and what toys he "makes". She wonders how he gets into peoples' houses. The other day she asked that and I said, "Well, he goes down the chimney." She suddenly realized that we don't have a chimney. So I told her that Santa carries a "magic key" that allows him to get into everyone's houses. She bought that! hehe! She's just FULL of questions. I just hope that they are all as easy to answer as that one was.

The bottom line is that I remember sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what I wanted for Christmas. I remember Lisa and I being in the bathroom with the door closed and all of a sudden the doorbell rang and we ran into the den only to find a TON of presents under the tree. I remember hitting up all the cool neighborhoods in Victoria to look at Christmas lights. We'd even have family members from out of town come too. I remember shooting fireworks at Grandpa and Grandma Brossmann's house (and burning a hole in my coat). I remember the hayrides and hey, does anybody remember the ICE on the tank? Thought so! I have to dig that photo out of everybody running for old time's sake. My mom snapped that at just the right time.

Where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday I was enjoying all of the things that Kyra is enjoying right now. While I feel REALLY old, I also feel young. I thank God that I have a child to experience all of that with again. There's nothing more exciting than seeing Christmas through their eyes. Seeing Kyra's face as she opens all of her presents is priceless. I've never been more proud of being a mom.


No comments: