Monday, November 22, 2004

Enough already.....

OK, I am officially sick of the rain. It's making all of us crazy. Richard and Kyra both have cabin fever and it's driving me nuts! I got out a while today to work with Janet, but came home early. It was pretty bad and getting worse. It's stopped for now, but I hear that more is on the way.

I just don't understand these idiots that want to drive through high water. I came upon some this morning and turned around. People were behind me honking and motioning for me to go through. Um, no. I do not have a HUGE 4x4 truck like you do, so I'm not taking that chance. I was in my little car. :( It's my decision whether I want to drown or be safe. I chose the latter. Water is one thing, but the way people drive is another thing. It amazes me that in heavy rain, people will still drive 75-80 down the interstate. I cannot see what's 10 feet in front of me and yet they are zooming past me. Every time I drive in the rain, I pray that I'm not next to some lunatic who's destined for a wreck.

Then there's the people in the right lane. Yes, I drive in the right lane, but I pass up these people. They are driving 35-40 in the rain. I saw one car this morning that had its hazards on. Now I've heard that in other states if it's raining really hard, you should drive with your hazards on. However, we live in Texas where if you drive with your hazards on, your car had better be on its last leg or there had better be a woman in the back seat about to give birth. Can someone please direct me to a website about recommended traffic precautions in Texas? I doubt that "hazards" and "rain" will be mentioned in the same sentence, but you never know. I for one thought that hazard lights were for emergencies only. I doubt a heavy downpour is an emergency unless you are one of the idiots that I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

OK, that's my rain rant for the evening. This blog was a downer, but I'm feeling pretty crappy right now. Hopefully, Thanksgiving will be dry!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I just want you to know- I LOVED this rant! I thought I was the only one who was cross and crabby b/c of this soggy weather! Now I'm all for a really loud thunderstorm that blows itself out in 45 minutes; I could handle one of those every other day. But THIS MESS is just annoying. I truly understand what the Bible means in that verse where it relates a contentious (naggy) woman to rainy weather like this. IIIIICK!!!

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Make the sun come back. Enough already!

Hey, have you seen the blog posted on EBlogger News about the chick who got a book deal after posting all about her Bridget Jones-esque dating dilemmas? Too funny!