Sunday, December 05, 2004

Light my fire.....

2250.....that's how many lights we just purchased from Walmart to put outside. We are Christmas light virgins. We've NEVER put lights up outside. But, this year we have a 3 1/2 year old that constantly reminds us that "everyone else has Christmas lights up....except us!" So, off to Walmart we went. That place is crazy. The Christmas section itself is pure chaos....people everywhere "trying" to make decisions about what they want. Ugh. Then Richard decides to take Kyra to the shoe department because she needs new shoes. Bad idea. Kyra is VERY particular about shoes and clothes now. So, there we sat for 20 minutes....waiting for her to make a decision. We finally settled on a pair of Care Bears velcro tennis shoes. By the way, the person that invented velcro is a freakin genius. I thank God for that person. We finally left that place and in the parking lot a lady asked us if we could "spare some quarters". Richard said loudly, "Now is NOT the time!" LOL!

On Saturday, I met an old friend at Starbucks in San Marcos. I hadn't seen her since Richard and I got married. We sat and talked and talked in Starbucks from 1:00-5:30! 4 1/2 hours! We had a lot to catch up on! Our lives have changed A LOT since we last saw each other. I'm just glad we've kept in touch! We used to work at the gym together in Victoria. Man, those were the days. I was nothing short of a lunatic....teaching 2-3 classes per day. I don't know if my body could do that anymore. I teach 2 classes on Tuesdays now, but one is Flow!

Hope everyone is ok and enjoying the Christmas season. Reality hit me a few days ago when I took Kyra to see Santa. Next year, I'll have not one, but TWO kiddos sitting on Santa's lap! ACK! I'm looking forward to it though....that and getting my body back!

No comments: