Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hooked on a feeling.....

Richard's friends at work got him hooked on a show on Spike TV called "MXC". The ball kept rolling and now I like the show. It's a dumb show....purely for entertainment purposes only for sure. There's no story or "plot". It's more of a reality show. Well, it's NOTHING but a reality show.

It's set in Japan (can you tell where I'm going with this?) and there are two teams competing against each other. Tonight, it was the "Outdoorsmen vs. Educators"...meaning that people that "fit" into those categories compete against each other in numerous obstacle courses. The trick is that they make these courses so difficult that there's no way you or I could do them. So, watching these Japanese people struggle and wipe out is of course the "entertainment value" of the whole show. Some of these people fall so hard that I would think that an ambulance would have to be on standby to take them to the hospital if need be. Ouch! Oh, and another thing. They put English words to the audio to make it sound as if these people are speaking our language, but clearly they aren't. I guess that's supposed to be funny too. At the end, they go over the top 10 eliminations. This showcases the hardest hit people throughout the show. Again, ouch.

Here's a link if you want to know what I'm talking about.
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/index.jhtml?seriesID=10774&refID=mxc
I so could see this show branching out farther than Japan. They need to try stunts like that in Mexico or perhaps in the US. I can't imagine what it would be like if they'd make drunk a$$ people do obstacle courses like that. Like I said....it's all for purposes of pure entertainment. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's CRAZY! OMG!

I've been watching "It Takes a Theif" on the Discovery Channel...have you seen that? Really creepy.