Saturday, April 16, 2005

Stop the emotional rollercoaster.....I wanna get off!

It's getting closer to D-day and I'm getting VERY anxious. I just want everything to go smoothly and for my little girl to arrive safe and sound. I have no idea when it's going to happen, but I'm ready.

Maeve weighs about 7 lbs., 2 oz. as indicated by ultrasound last Monday. Now, Kyra had an ultrasound at 37 weeks as well and measured 8 lbs., 13 oz. What a difference! Kyra was born at 40 weeks and weighed 9 lbs., so it's usually safe to say that ultrasounds measure the babies to be a little bigger than they really are. But, sometimes they measure smaller too. It varies. I can't believe that Maeve is so much smaller than Kyra. I'm almost excited though. Kyra grew out of all of her clothes very quickly. I think she wore virtually NO 0-3 month stuff!

Since Maeve is smaller, my doctor has agreed to let me go till 41 weeks. If I don't go into labor on my own before then, then we'll do a c-section. I'm VERY happy about that. I am 38 weeks today, so I have some time to work with in order to get this show on the road on my own. I'm dilated to just 1 centimeter right now. I hope that'll change from week to week! Pray that my cervix thins out as well.

Amidst all of the excitement, I also had a few lows this week. I'm not going to go into them directly. There are a few of you that know what happened. I pray that God watches over us and I pray for the happiness of my family right now. I think it's important to be at a good place at this very special time in our lives. I'm not proud of the events that took place this week, but I feel like they are yet another lesson learned. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

We are all very anxious right now. I think that Richard and Kyra are more excited than I am. They are ready.

Richard started walking Mia on a leash this week. Kyra goes with him. He said that Mia does really good! She's getting sort of stocky and when Maeve starts eating table food, Mia will be her best friend. She'll be down below waiting for the "leftovers". So, we figured that we'd start walking her. I might try it in the morning. I hope my allergies aren't acting up too bad. That's why I've strayed from staying outside too long.

Speaking of dogs, we DO want another one some day. I figure that we'd wait till Maeve is at least 2 and knows that she shouldn't hurt a puppy. My goal is to get a dog for my dad first. He's *this close* to getting one. He's worried about what he'll do with him/her when he goes somewhere, but he can take the dog along. He can get a little crate and the dog will just go where he goes. Can't you picture it? If all else fails, he'll have PLENTY of dogsitters in Victoria too. I can think of a few people that would step up to the plate and help.

That's all for now. Hope you're enjoying this lovely weekend!

No comments: