Tuesday, April 05, 2005

There's no quick fix.....

Seems like all I hear or see these days are commercials on products that provide a quick fix to any ache or pain. Today I heard one on the radio about curing back pain. Now I empathize with people that have back pain. Shoot, I have it now. But I'm pregnant, so I almost expect it. I know once the baby is born, it'll be gone. Right now, I exercise in order for my back to feel better. And you know what? It works! If half of these people would quit going after every pill or potion out there, then we'd save a lot of money. There IS help for these people. It's called DIET and EXERCISE. I had chronic back pain till I started exercising. I couldn't even kneel in church because it hurt my back so badly. Shortly after starting to work out, I noticed a heck of a difference. It felt so much better.

Exercise also helps things like high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, and numerous other health hazards. I just wish that more money was spent by people joining gyms, buying bikes, buying treadmills, etc. These are the things that will save your life! No pill in the world will be good forever. I just want more people to get active. Sitting around and eating whatever you want and taking a pill or getting surgery for whatever is wrong ain't gonna cut it. I'm really proud of my dad. Since retiring, he walks a mile a day and has really started eating healthier. He cut a lot of red meat out and has even started reading food labels! It's NEVER too late to make a difference. Your body will thank you for it.

I don't have a problem with those that decide to medicate AFTER dieting and exercise don't work. But, they should really try to do more natural things first. Yeah, there are things that I'd like to change about my body, but I want to see where dieting and exercise will take me first. I could very well get to my goal and be very happy with myself. I really hope that's the case.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I heard one on the radio over the weekend for a "vitamin+herb+amino acid" pill that can "make your kids grow taller". Can you believe it? "My 15-year-old is the shortest kid in his class"- here take this pill!

I don't think a pill can make anyone grow taller.

I'm glad you think the same way I do! You should read "The Fat Fallacy". The author has alot of funny things to say about solving all of the world's health problems with pills.