Thursday, June 16, 2005

4 years ago....

My Kyra Marie is 4 years old today. I remember that Saturday morning well. After enduring almost 24 hours of labor, my doctor suggested that we do a c-section. I was terrified. But all of the pain went away when at 9:30 that morning an angel came into my world and made me a mommy. The beginning with Kyra was hard. She was very colicky and had reflux. I suffered from some postpartum depression. But, we sought help and within a few weeks all was fine again! The joy that Kyra has brought into my life is immeasureable. She is the brightest and kindest little girl. She's always worried about others and seldom worries about herself. She's a very sensitive little girl. She wants to make people happy too. My favorite moment is when she comes and sits on my lap and tells me that she loves me and that I'm the greatest mom. My heart just melts. She comforts me when I'm sad. She is the best daughter that I could ask for and I love her dearly.

She's already talking about turning 5 and going off to kindergarten next year. I don't think that mommy is ready for that quite yet. *sigh*

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday to Kyra! Wow! She wants to grow up fast!

Hugs!