Friday, June 17, 2005

An easy way out.....

I saw a commercial this morning for kids' vitamins. I think it was for Flintstones vitamins. They were pushing off the fact that their vitamins now had Cholate in them...."an important ingredient for proper brain development THAT'S FOUND IN BREASTMILK". It amazes me how all of these companies try to make these products "like breastmilk" just so people will buy them. It's NOT the same! It's also very demeaning to breastmilk and breastfeeding moms. As one myself, I want others to realize that nothing is better than the real thing. Gosh just watch a commercial for FORMULA and read the ITTY BITTY fine print at the bottom of the screen. It says, "Pediatricians recommend breastmilk as the best source of nutrition for baby's first year of life". DUH!

I could go on and on. I read something recently that said that there's 30 ingredients in formula and over 300 in breastmilk! Amazing! Gosh how I wish I had done this the first time around!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well, you're doing it now, and Kyra hasn't suffered, so I think it all worked out. That is weird about the vitamins, though.