Friday, June 03, 2005

TV tales.....

When you're home all day and sitting on the recliner nursing a little one, you get pretty in tune with the TV and what time certain shows come on. I soon found out that with our DVR, we get a ton of channels...some of which I never really knew existed. The Discovery Health Channel has a ton of baby shows. They have one called "Birth Day" and one called "Adoption Stories". All of the birthing shows usually have me in tears, but I didn't think that the adoption ones would too. Good Lord. I cry and cry like a baby. Adoption is very special in my book. Someone near and dear to my heart is adopted. I think that it's the ultimate sacrifice and act of love as a birth parent. There's nothing "bad" about giving a child a better life that you couldn't provide for them. The adoptive parents are some of the most loving and caring people. You can just sense how thrilled they are to raise these children. It really touches my heart. If I had the money and the resources, I definitely would adopt a child.

On another note, I'm so sad that American Idol is over with. I'm bored on Tuesday and Wednesday nights now. I've been taping every talk show that Bo Bice is on. *blush* I told Richard that we'll be buying his CD when it comes out. :) I still wish that he would have won.

The Real World Austin starts on June 21st. Lord help me if I'm on there somewhere.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You're gonna have to email me updates about Real World! We don't get that channel right now, so keep me posted!