Thursday, June 30, 2005

A sportman's paradise.....

Yep, today is the day. Cabela's has officially opened its doors to the public. I was up with Maeve this morning at 5:30 and it was all over the news. They showed people lined up outside the store about 2 hours before it opened. One guy had been there for 4 hours!

They have closed the closest southbound exit to Cabela's on southbound 35. Makes no sense to me, but whatever. Instead they'll have to take OUR exit. Great. I can see Richard cussing to and from work! LOL!

My dad is coming up this weekend. We'll have to go check it out. I just hope that all of the roadwork and construction that they did was worth it. I'm going to be ticked if there are traffic pileups all the time. Ugh.

Oh, and they said that they expect 20,000 visitors today. Lovely.

2 comments:

Jen said...

For some reason, I was under the impression that it was a restaurant! I bet you'd rather it were!
Maybe the traffic will provide enough "white noise" so that Maeve can sleep more!
I feel your pain, though, the road to our apartment has been under construction since before we moved here. They have made no progress. Most days, nobody's even working, all the equipment just sits there.

Kim said...

You can't hear the noise. It's close, but far enough away. And they *do* have a restaurant in the store. The average time a person spends in there is 3 hours, so you'd figure that food would come into play somewhere during that time.

I can't wait to see it!