Saturday, July 02, 2005

Out of the mouth of a 4 year old.....

My previous post was one regarding Cabela's. Well, Richard and Kyra ventured over there the other morning to check things out. Richard was tired and needed to go to sleep, so they didn't stay there long. I warned Richard about the obscene amount of taxidermy that's probably in that place. He said that I was right....there must have been a few hundred pieces.

Richard had already gone to bed and Kyra and I were discussing it. Kyra said, "Cabela's is like a zoo except all the animals are dead!" LOL! I'm actually really surprised that she didn't come home freaked out. I'm sure there were birds in that place and Kyra HATES birds. She's got a bird phobia. If she sees one or one flies near her, she screams. I have no idea what set that off. I had a dog phobia when I was a little girl. I hated dogs....especially big ones. Even the ones at my grandparents' house scared the heck out of Lisa and I (shame on my dad for not letting us have a dog). I have to admit that I was a little scared of Miss 1 pound Mia when we got her. But, I got over that real quick. Now I realize what great companions they can be....big or small.

We WILL get another dog. We are thinking of getting one when Maeve is about 2 years old and knows not to hurt a puppy. We want another female chihuahua and I'd like a little black one. I want to name her "Lola", but Kyra says no. :(

1 comment:

Jen said...

Well...sounds like she had fun!
I still can't beleive her issues with birds!

Why doesn't she like the name "Lola"? I think it's a cute idea. I keep wondering why all the celebrities name their babies "Lola" but I like it for a chihuaha. When I was growing up, our neighborhs had one named "Chiquita"- like the banana.