Sunday, July 10, 2005

If you can't take the heat....

Good Lord, this heat is BRUTAL! I seriously don't know how we are going to survive this summer. Thank God I'm not pregnant anymore! I'd really be a pain to live with! We had our a/c unit checked out a while back because I swore that it wasn't cooling right. Turns out that it's fine. It just cannot keep up with the afternoon heat. Ugh. We've even resorted to putting a window unit in our bedroom. Richard loves it because he doesn't hear a thing when he's sleeping. That's the coldest room in the house. I could stay there all day long!

My dad complains that he must be getting old and can't take the heat anymore, but I'm 28 and I can't take it either! I love, love, love the winter months. I'll take them any day of the week. Seriously.

It rained the other night......a whopping .30 inches. But, I'll take it. Maeve was in bed and Kyra and I just talked while in the presence of a lonely flashlight. The power was restored within 10 minutes, but we had an interesting conversation about storms.

No comments: