Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A never ending battle......

I'm tired. No, not physically tired. Maeve's been sleeping pretty well lately (slept through the night for the first time on Saturday). I'm tired of cleaning my house. I swear that it's a wreck 24/7. I clean it and then it's all messed up again just hours later. I don't know why I bother. Really. And I don't know who makes the bigger mess....Kyra or Richard. Good Lord. Of course, I'M the one that has to clean it up. Why? Because. Because I'm the mom. And because I'm the wife. Tonight, they all trampled to bed at 9:00 and left little 'ol me to do everything. Must be nice. I would have said something, but I was nursing Maeve to sleep and they tucked away without a peep. I'm sure they are in dreamland by now. Ugh.

They are two peas in a pod, those two. I'm just worried that Kyra will pick up Richard's lazy habits. He doesn't set a good example for her and I think that she thinks she can get away with not putting things away. Granted, he tells her to sometimes, but it's not consistent. I'm almost glad tomorrow is Wednesday and Richard goes back to work and I can be the disciplinarian for a few days to get her back on track. I think I'm going to start making a sticker chart/chore chart for her so she has daily duties to fulfill. We've discussed this on my message board and we've come to the conclusion that 4 years old isn't too young to assume a few responsibilities (like feeding the dog, putting food away, cleaning up toys, etc.). That will make it MUCH easier on me. I think Kyra will take to it too.....once she fills up a chart, she gets a reward. Hmmm.....may have to use that on the hubby too. ;)

Sorry I'm in such a crappy mood tonight. OK, rant over. Carry on.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad you came to that conclusion, because I was thinking as I read it that Kyra is big enough to start helping out- especially where her own stuff is concerned- and I bet she enjoys it. I think feeding Mia is a great idea. And she should definitely be picking up after herself- toys, movies, etc...you said before that she was making her bed pretty consistently. That should be one of her little jobs, too. I think she will love the sticker chart idea. Maybe if she gets a sticker every day, Daddy can take her to Sonic once a week. I read a story once about a wife that set up a chart in the bathroom and her hubby got a gold star every time he put the toilet seat down. The sheer embarassment of explaining that one to company broke him of the habit!

I wish I was there! I'd come clean for you once a week!