Sunday, April 22, 2007

Who the heck flipped the switch?

OMG. So I just turned 30 all of a month ago and over the last few months, my symptoms of PMS have escalated. They are HORRIBLE! I have never had trouble before! I feel like the devil for 2-3 days leading up to the arrival of Aunt Flo! I thought that it was just me, but apparently, it's common for women to have worse PMS during their 3rd and 4th decades of life. So is this what I have to look forward to in my 30's? Geez!

I am anxious to hear if any of you out there reading this know what I'm talking about. If you or someone you know has gone through this, please tell me all about it. Right now I'm on 100 mg. of Zoloft and I THANK GOD for that! ;) Otherwise, I'm sure it would be so much worse for me to handle!

I'm also thankful that I have the internet to look for info. about this sort of thing too. This week, I plan on calling my doctor as well to see what she thinks. Hopefully, with a few little tweaks, next month will be much better! :)

4 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Hey, "kiddo!" Don't complain about thirty, please! I am hitting forty in two years! WAAHHH!

Please tell me I don't look like it! :)

Kim said...

Chelle, I thought that you were 22?! ;)

Lynda said...

Huh. I thought things changed because I was losing weight.

My PMS was non-existant until I turned 30. I also went from a highly irregular period to every 32 days. I am a whole other person when it comes to PMS now. I joined Weight Watchers about that time, so I always attributed it to that.

My therapist is recommending I take a Prozac derivative, designed for PMS, just for those symptoms.

Lynda said...

Oh, and I will be 34 this year.