Friday, August 22, 2008

How I spent my summer vacation.....

Well, the time has arrived. Summer '08 is no more as of Monday. School starts again. A month ago, I was not.ready.at.all. Now? I think I'm more excited than the kids are. Why? Because they are driving me insane. It's like they decide in advance to completely misbehave during this last week. I don't get it.

So what did we do all summer? Well, one thing we didn't do was take a REAL vacation. It's coming though, people. One day. I'm thinking of renting a condo next summer in Port A. Yeah, if this is gonna happen, then I'd better start making plans NOW.

Things that DID happen this summer:

-Kyra had her 2nd dance recital. While I was completely disappointed with her teacher, the class did ok. I put her with the same teacher this fall, only she's taking cheerleading with her. We'll see how that goes. She's not nearly as excited as Maeve is. Maeve will be in tap, ballet, and gymnastics. And our pocketbook will suffer yet again. *sigh*

-We all went down to Coleto and had a fabulous time on Richard's boat and the jet ski. The kids tubed behind the boat. Shoot, I did too. LOL! Most spent the night by camping out either outside or in the camper. Maeve and I opted to go back to my dad's. I'm glad that we did. That was a tiring weekend, but it was fun.

-Kyra went to Heroes Camp at Hays Hills. She loved it. Next year, I'm definitely putting Maeve in too.

-We attended the St. John Picnic again. Fun, but wet. And my sister STILL owes me for driving my insanely intoxicated BIL home. Kyra and I will NEVER forget some of the hilarious things that we heard that night. Lord.

-We attended my sister and BIL's couples' baby shower in Victoria. That same weekend, I got to hold the new baby of a friend of mine. Babies everywhere!

-We had a family photo session with Marcy in San Marcos on the campus of Texas State. Pics are wonderful. We bought the disk and ordered bigger prints. They are already hanging in our living room. Add in an indoor session at our church for its directory, and we are broke. No more pictures for a while! ;)

-The girls went to the dentist. It was Maeve's first time. She didn't even want me back there with her. I was floored. She LOVED the dentist. Again, I have weird children. They LOVE the doctor and the dentist.

-The girls and I attended LaLa's baby shower in St. John. What a success that was! Had a great time!

-Took the girls swimming several times. We went to the pool in Kyle and Richard and I were SHOCKED when Kyra passed the swim test there. She can swim 1/2 the length of the pool and tread water. WTF? We also went to Hil and Josh's apartment pool. We also got a hot tub. Again, my husband has a spending problem. ;)

-We spent a lot of time checking out books at the library. Kyra read a lot. She has a list of over 30 books. And most of them are chapter books. YAY!

-Speaking of books, I got through all of the Stephenie Meyer books. Yes, the popular Twilight series. I just finished the 4th one, "Breaking Dawn". It was the longest of them all at 756 pages!

-IT RAINED! FINALLY!

-And FNL came back to Austin! Eye candy is here again! Wooooohooooo!

Hope this brings you up to speed. Now we will ease into school schedules again and await baby boy Redman who is due to arrive within the next month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Kyra for reading so many books and for passing the swim test! That's great! Can't wait to hear what Maeve accomplishes in another summer or two! ...other than driving her mommy batty! ;)