Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thoughts on "Back To School".....

So Thursday night, we went up to school to drop off school supplies and meet Kyra's teacher. I already knew her somewhat from working in the library last year on Fridays. Her class was one of 6 that came on Fridays. And guess what? They are going on Fridays this year too and I will help out again! Kyra is so excited!

Kyra will be in 2nd grade, so this is her last year "downhill" with the smaller kiddos. Next year, she'll be "uphill" where the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders are. I can't believe it. On "Back To School" night, we visited her 1st grade classroom (her 1st grade teacher was out having a baby!) and her Kindergarten classroom too. I just adore the teachers that she had. It seems like yesterday that we were just starting out there. Time flies.

Kyra will ride the bus home again this year. It makes it so much easier on me because I don't have to get out in the afternoons. However, I will pick her up on the first day of school and take her out for ice cream. It's a tradition!

Maeve has her orientation this Thursday and starts the Tuesday after Labor Day. She's so excited too. But I think she's more excited to start dancing. We went to buy shoes and tights today. She could live at the dance studio. She asked when recital is and I said, "Oh it's not till next year. You have to learn your dances first." She started dancing around and told me that she wanted to go on that stage. Oy. She's more passionate about it than Kyra ever was. Kyra is taking cheerleading, but I told her that if she doesn't like it, then we can stop. I don't want to make her do something that she doesn't want to do and I don't want to just be wasting money anyway. So we shall see how that goes.

Kyra is my more artistic child. There is talk about an Art Club at school. I'm just waiting to hear when and where.

Maeve will be in Kindergarten in 2 years. I haven't quite decided what I will do when she's in school, but I think I'll sign up to be a teacher sub and a library sub. That way I can have their schedule and it won't be full-time and I'll still make a little extra money.

I am looking forward to having a schedule again. It'll be crazy for a while, but I'll get used to it. I always do.

No comments: