Saturday, August 09, 2008

Let's talk Olympics....

Usually I am never really phased by an Olympics, but after watching last night's opening ceremonies, I decided to get hooked. Did you see that? The man was lifted into the air and traced the outside of the stadium above EVERYONE (he made it seem like he was running) and then lit the Olympic cauldron. Awesome. I think it rivals Barcelona as one of the best. Remember in '92 when the archer shot the arrow across the sky and lit it? Very cool.

I just watched the opening round of women's volleyball. Those US girls nearly gave me a heart attack. But they pulled through and won the first two games. So they move on.

I really need to start watching more men's tennis. This guy as well as this guy are HOT! Why didn't someone tell me?

Michael Phelps is a MACHINE. That is all.

Also watched the medal ceremony for ladies' saber fencing earlier. A USA sweep. So awesome seeing three US flags raised!

Kyra and Maeve are really into it too. This is they first Olympics that Kyra might remember. I remember seeing Mary Lou Retton win gold in gymnastics in '84.

Speaking of past Olympics, I sat on Kyra's bed last night and actually remember where all of the games were held dating back to '76. I couldn't believe that I remembered!

I'm actually more crazy over the Winter Olympics. There's just something magical about it. Vancouver 2010! WOOT!

But for right now, I'm enjoying these games. I usually get a little sad when they are all over with.

No comments: