Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lazy Labor Day weekend.....

Just a few random thoughts/musings/happenings....

-My back is still bothering me. It's much better today though. I don't know if that means that it's actually feeling better OR that I'm dealing better with the pain. I don't know what I pulled, but it has to be something pretty deep for it to hurt this long. I plan to do a "light" Body Flow workout this afternoon and see if that loosens me up a little. It just feels like something is tight through my low/mid back. Abs are somewhat sore too. I wish I felt better. This sucks.

-I rearranged the furniture in Maeve's room and was declared "awesome" by both of the girls. It's the little things....

-This damn hurricane is fascinating to me. Weather is fascinating to me. I'm obsessed. I can't turn off the TV. I keep flipping back and forth between the Weather Channel and CNN. Pull up a seat gang because things look like they will get very interesting within the next 48 hours or so. I sincerely hope that these damn forecasters are somewhat correct with where they think this thing is going to go. I'd hate for people to be caught off guard. I just saw the 5 day models of Katrina and Rita and they were waaaaaaaay off. They expected Rita to go into Rockport! Lord!

-Kyra was up at 6am this morning. Um, newsflash kid: IT'S.A.SATURDAY. And then I can't get her up on the days that she has school. WTF? Luckily, she kept quiet in her room and let Maeve and I (she slept with me last night) sleep in till 8:30.

-It's almost September, so you know what that means. The baby waiting officially begins! I can't wait to meet my nephew! He'll be here soon!

-Dogs are driving me batty. They bicker and can't decide whether they want to play/fight, go outside, or sleep. They confuse me. Shoot, I think they confuse themselves. All I know is that by 8pm, they are OUT.

-I really feel for New Orleans. It looks like they'll be on the dirty side of the storm. And if that storm veers a little farther to the east, they are really screwed. Thank God things seem a little bit better organized around there this time around. I've heard that their levees are only a third built right now. That's not good news.

-My dad is so funny. He was talking about Hurricane Claudette that came into Victoria in 2003. He was without power for 9 days. He's freaking out about Gustav right now. Um, dad I don't think you have anything to worry about. He was telling me last night how "our house" has survived the worst of hurricanes....namely Carla and Beulah. He'll always worry though. That's just how he is.

-The first week of school was a total success. Kyra did great. She adores her teacher. Maeve had Open House on Thursday and will start on Tuesday. Her teacher is a sweetheart and I expect her to have a great year as well. Her class and another class are the "big kids" in the building, so they will be eating lunch in the little cafeteria. She's so excited about that.

-I'm ready to get a pedicure. It's been too long. I think I'll go on Tuesday when I finally have some peace and quiet. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's this... but there was the year my partner in my college weight lifting class sat most of the semester out due to a "soft tissue injury" in and around her tailbone. The prof. wanted to flunk her. None of us could figure out WTF she had done, or how! and her doctors, therapists, etc... really couldn't be of any help. Just prescribed rest, rest, rest.