Saturday, January 13, 2007

The end is near.....

Kyra was 2 years old when she moved from her crib to the twin bed. Right around her 2nd birthday, we moved out here, so when we moved, we didn't even set up the crib. The transition was a piece of cake. She loved her bed and was fine sleeping in it alone.

Maeve is now almost 21 months. I'm beginning to think that she doesn't like her crib anymore. She screams in there sometimes (not all of the time though). Last night, she and Kyra stayed at their godparents' house and they had her on a mattress on the floor and she did fine. She's surrounded by pillows and loves it.

This will be the end of the crib. FOREVER. I wanted her to be in it till she was at least 2, but it doesn't look like she'll make it that long. I wanted time to prepare for this. I'm not ready yet. My baby is still a baby, right? *sigh*

Like I said, she and Kyra stayed with Melissa and Dean last night and LOVED IT. Maeve had a ball keeping up with Kyra and Jake. Maeve doesn't need her mommy around so much like she used to. She's so well adjusted and just goes with the flow. Maeve is my cuddlebug. She will cling to anyone that lets her cuddle with them. And who wouldn't want to cuddle with her?

No comments: