Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Greetings from snowy/icy/sleety Central Texas!

Wow. I've never seen such strange weather. We had been hearing since late last week that we were going to have ice on Sunday. Well Sunday came and went. Then we heard that it was coming on Monday. Monday was worse. Thank God it was a holiday. Last night, they canceled school for Tuesday. Today it has been sleeting/snowing consisently. It looks like school will be canceled tomorrow too. Great. Richard and Kyra ventured out to HEB just now. I can't wait to hear stories from there.

Kyra and Maeve have been playing out in the sleet/snow today. The majority of what we've had is sleet. But I hear that snow is on the way tonight! We are supposed to get 3-4 inches! I'm happy that the freezing rain has stayed away and I welcome the sleet/snow. It's a lot easier to venture outside in!

On another note, today is my Granny's birthday. I guess she's creating a winter wonderland from Heaven for Kyra and Maeve to enjoy! :)

Whereever you are, STAY WARM!

No comments: